Thursday night Aaron got sick twice, Saturday Ethan got sick once, and last night Marc got sick in the night and is home sick today. Eek! Fortunately the boys recovered very quickly. Hopefully Marc will recover soon and I will skip the whole thing. It seems that everyone I know is experiencing some sort of stomach virus.
A's top, front, right tooth has just barely broken through the gums. Both E and A's top front teeth are working on coming in. They both have been a bit fussy between the stomach thing and teething. Last night felt like a very short night with the boys waking up and Marc up sick. It seems like forever since the boys bottom two teeth came in. From what I have read the top two come in four to eight weeks later. They obviously don't have that down to an exact science.
Saturday was Marc's birthday. He turned 32. It was also 1 year since the boys came home from the hospital. I still remember bringing the boys home, sitting in the middle of our bed with them, and wondering what now? My friend and neighbor had her second child on Saturday. Her water broke Thursday morning at 33 weeks. Interestingly without any medication the baby held off on coming for two days. I on the other hand had been on medication for 5 weeks prior to my water breaking to slow things down and then once my water broke they just couldn't stop the labor from progressing no matter the medication. Her situation really reiterated to me that God had a plan for birth and it happens just as he had intended even though it may not match perfectly with our vision. Yesterday I looked back at the CaringBridge blog I had while the boys were in the hospital. What a journey and emotional roller coaster! I talked to a friend from church who has a little boy who is just a month or two older than the boys. She had a completely natural experience and gave birth to her son at home. She is pregnant with her second now and mentioned that she thought this time around would be easier because she had done it before. Instead it is as big a leap of faith as the first time, because now she has expectations of a smooth pregnancy. Pregnancy and the journey as a parent requires complete release of the reigns to God. That is if you want to live with any kind of peace at all.
The boys seem to be developing before our eyes. Marc taught A a new game last week. He had brought home a bunch of rubber duckies from work and he put one in his mouth and shot it up in the air. He did it a few times and then after he would shoot it up in the air, Aaron would put another in for him to do it again. It was so cute! Aaron was laughing so hard. Both boys have started putting balls into the appropriate slots in toys lately. Ethan particularly likes to do so. E really surprised me yesterday! I am not sure if it was a fluke or what. Both boys love books and I was asking E where the flower, dog, cat, and ball were in the book. He had 50/50 chance but he pointed at the correct item each time. Later in the day I asked and he didn't really seem interested in pointing them out or didn't know which item was which. Marc saw him point at one of the items, so it wasn't just me. Marc said I should take him to Vegas, since either way he is pretty good with 50/50 chances.
No comments:
Post a Comment