The boys are growing leaps and bonds. On Sunday I noticed that they were beginning to stop thinking about whether to crawl or walk at times and just walk. They are taking 8, 9, or more steps at a time now. Aaron has even started to get frustrated when he can't figure out how to get up on his feet to walk without using something. He wants to do it himself so bad! They are also starting to do much better with taking their milk from sippies. They will take a portion of their milk in the sippie at each mealtime. The remainder is still in the bottle in order to get them to take as much as they would if they only had bottles and no sippies. Our pediatrician said our goal was no sippies by 15 months and I think that seems doable. The boys turned 13 months on Saturday.
It was so cute yesterday. I taught A the sound that a dinosaur makes. Of course I tried with E too, but he just laughed at me. I would ask A "What does a dinosaur do?" and then roar, he would then give me a little roar back. Too adorable. We called daddy at work and let A show him what a dino does too. I am really trying to make a conscious effort to point out what things are and show them things in books as well. It is so hard to know if what they are saying back to you is their version of what you say to them. E seemed to be trying to say book back to me yesterday, but I couldn't tell for sure.
It is hard to believe in such a short time the boys will be walking and talking like they have been doing it all of their lives. Look out world E&A have places to go and things to say!!!!
how exciting Amanda!!
ReplyDelete