Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with the blog quite as much as I had hoped, but it is being updated and that was the goal. Things are going well. The boys finished their antibiotic a little over a week ago and so far so good.
Last week daddy was at Disney. We had a great time with Grammy (Grandma Smith) and Grandma Kay and Grandpa Dick. We aren't sure if Grammy is going to be the name that sticks, we think the boys may be taking to Nanna. Fortunately Grammy/Nanna doesn't mind what the boys call her. It was so nice to be able to get some projects done around the house. I cleaned and organized the laundry room, pantry, spare bedroom, boys' room, and Marc and I's room. I really appreciated my mom, Dick, and Kay's help. Even though none of the grandparents live closer than an hour away, it is nice that they are all within driving distance. This next weekend we are heading up to Grandma and Grandpa Rhodes. The boys will get to go on their first pontoon ride!
This week was such a nice week. We had rain, but a good bit of sunshine too. The temperatures were great as well. We played outside and went on a number of walks. We have transitioned to the tandem stroller (front and back) this week instead of the side by side. The boys had gotten to a point where they just couldn't keep their hands to themselves. They seem to like it better and do a lot less fighting this way. Friday we went to Holland Park and then to McDonalds. It was the boys' first trip to McDonalds and they shared a cheeseburger. Believe it or not I actually got teary eyed. I know...crazy hormonal mom. I was just overwhelmed by the joy of being able to share in all the firsts, what a fun state the boys are at, and just how much I love them! We get together with our neighbor Vanessa and their boys, Landon and Luke, almost daily. It is so nice to have great neighbors!
Today Poppy and Grandma Cheryl stopped by for a little while. It was so nice to see them. I know the boys loved it. Prior we went to church. E and A weren't real sure and both cried when we tried to leave them in their class. I ended up staying with them and it was good that I did because their was only one adult. This will be something we will have to work on though. Currently the only time I leave them is in our home. They stayed home with Daddy through much of the winter do to colds and germs, so they will have to ease back into going and they are at a totally different age.
A started getting his 7th tooth a few days ago. The boys both now have seven teeth. A's 7th is the tooth to the left of his bottom two front teeth and E's is to the right. E took to climbing on a chair we had in the kitchen and an ottoman last week. I have since removed them from the kitchen and living room. A only got up on them a couple of times. So far E is the monkey of the two. A on the other hand will sit and focus on puzzles or blocks for some time. Within the last few weeks E and A started playing with puzzles and after a few days to a week they were able to put the puzzles pieces in the appropriate slots.
Well if I want to get anything else accomplished or relax prior to the boys getting up from nap, I better get to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment