Thursday, October 29, 2009

God's Promises are New Every Morning!

Marc and I had a fun filled trip to Ikea this past weekend and the boys had a wonderful time with Mama and Papa as well as Granny and Poppy. Saturday morning we dropped the Ethan and Aaron off at my parents and headed to Ikea in Cincinnati. I had been once years ago over seas, but not as an adult and Marc had never been. We spent 6 1/2 hours at the store. I saved my birthday money for the trip and I am so glad I did. I highly recommend visiting. They have great stuff and awesome prices. We got pillow covers, storage supplies, a ceiling light, rugs, a duvet cover, three prints to frame, a shower curtain, etc all for $324. That also included dvd shelves Marc got and an area rug my mom got for us for Christmas. Amazing!

We had the pleasure of having a visit from Dick and Kay earlier this week too. The boys love having Grandma and Grandpa here. Kay was nice enough to put the wall art up in the boys' room that she had previously gotten. It looks great and really completes their room. Thank you Kay!

The boys' room, E's bed, and A's bed

I've been having fun around the house redoing some things, decorating, and so on. It is interesting how much a little change can change the feel of things. It is fun to think of creative ways to work with what you have and to stay within a tight budget!



The great room and the kitchen
(Marc made the great shelves. Thank you sweetie!)

On a more personal note, I've working to find more contentment in each day. Life is hard, but God is good. The last couple of years I have really felt like I have been just treading water. I haven't done a good job of keeping my mind in a good space and clinging to God's promises. Slowly, I feel like I am regaining my footing. I feel a change in my spirit the last few weeks. Although never easy, the boys are getting to a more manageable age. Exercise has become a more set routine for me. I am easing my way back into serving at church. Marc and I have been seeing a counselor for most of the year and although progress is slow, I see changes in our marriage and how we relate to each other. Within the last few months I have had some really challenging and hurtful things happen within some of my closet relationships. There have also been some relationships that have been an ongoing challenge to me. I know God is working and teaching me through these situations... remorse, forgiveness, reconciliation, acceptance, transition, contentment, grace, humility, and so much more. I pray that I will continue to have an open heart and allow God to work in and through me.


***Finding contentment is like seeing color for the first time. Although the sky is gray, the fall leaves pop and are complimented in just the right way!

No comments:

Post a Comment