Monday, November 16, 2009

Who's to say
What's impossible
Well they forgot
This world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything
And as the surface breaks reflections fade
But in some ways they remain the same
And as my mind begins to spread its wings
There's no stoppin' curiosity

I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's song
I don't want this feeling to go away

Who's to say
I can't do everything
Well I can try
And as I roll along I begin to find
Things aren't always just what they seem

I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's song
This world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste
Will it all keep spinning and spinning round and round and

Upside down
Who's to say whats impossible and can't be found
I don't want this feeling to go away

Please don't go away
Please don't go away
Please don't go away
Is this how it's supposed to be
Is this how it's supposed to be


Ethan and Aaron love the Curious George movie, but most of all they love the Jack Johnson music video "Upside Down" (lyrics above) with Curious George in it. Every time I play it, they say more and do the sign for more. It makes my heart smile not only because I also love music and the song's lyrics, but because I adore my boys' innocent love and curiosity.

This song really resonates with me right now. How amazing that as God fills your heart, your whole world can sort of change and feel upside down in a truly good way. All of the above analogies seem vividly real...reflections fading, mind spreading its wings, dancing with Mother Nature, etc. But the lyric only surpassing not wanting the feeling to go away by a small margin and standing out the most would be, " I'll share this love I find with everyone."

Isn't that what God wants the most for us?!? As mentioned in the message at church yesterday, continuing the Safety is Not an Option series, "God wants us to be his light to the world." Wow, that can be so hard! As I think about living for Him and showing His love more, I do a better job. Lets be realistic though I fall short often. Yesterday, Marc and I got upset with each other and said a few things we didn't mean. I got so angry and I let that anger fill me and take over. Something Marc said really hurt. Had I stayed calm to begin with it would have never gotten to that point. Then after his comment I let the hurt come out as even more anger. I truly have to work on my anger and I know with God's help I will continue to respond in better, healthier ways over time. This can only happen if I embrace God and have a personal vision of God's heart. "God desperately cares about those that don't have a heart for him and wants us to be a light to them. (quoted from Fred Bays' message yesterday)."

So, I challenge myself and those reading this to ask ourselves what our personal vision is? A move of God...results...only come after a personal vision. "Allow people to see God in the flesh through you (another quote from Fred's message)." And, as Jack Johnson says share "this" love with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment