Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life through children's eyes

So far the holiday season has been lots of fun. Having a better appreciation of the life that God has given us and little people around will do that. I have enjoyed seeing family for Thanksgiving and our first Christmas celebration, which was this past weekend. It is fun to see the boys play with their cousin and second cousins. They adore their cousin Drew who is in second grade. We took Ethan and Aaron to look at Christmas lights last week. Ethan was fussy, but Aaron enjoyed it. When we got home Aaron sat on the kitchen island and helped me mix the ingredients to make hot cocoa. Ethan stirred it a bit too. Surprising neither one enjoyed the cocoa itself. Last night we went to Christmas at the Zoo. Marc and I started the tradition of going to Christmas at the Zoo the first year we started dating. We missed the last two years while I was on bed rest and with the boys being sick so much last year. It was so fun to start the tradition up again with Ethan and Aaron. They were big men! They walked holding our hands. We didn't even take the stroller in. They enjoyed seeing the sharks and adored the dolphin show. Aaron was so excited Marc had to restrain him on his lap with his arm so he didn't fall off. When the dolphins were under water he would scream more dolphins. Ethan loved it as well. He would raise his little shoulders, grin from ear to ear, and look over at me. They both clapped and loved the show. They also took their firs train ride. They are quite into trains, cars, etc.. I don't think I have ever seen them wait so patiently for something as they did when we were waiting for the ride to begin. I truly can not explain how fun it is to see their joy and excitement! It is amazing to imagine life through their eyes.

I will post some updated pictures later tonight or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment