Wow! This summer is going so fast! We are already half way through July. I love this time of year. For those of you who know me well, you know that I am a lover of sunshine. Summer brings grilling out, swimming, playing at the park, gardening, and so much more. It is so amazing to be able to share all of these special activities and moments with Ethan and Aaron. Summer reminds me that I am meant to be a stay at home mom.
E & A wrapped up their first year of "school" aka Mother's Day Out a couple weeks after my last post. Prior to that they had Donuts with Dad and Muffins with Mom. Which both Marc and I so enjoyed. They did a great job at their End of Year Program. Both were a little intimidated by the crowd, but warmed up some by the end. Ethan really kind of stood back and took it all in the majority of the program. They were both so cute. It is amazing to think about how they grew and developed over the year. We are constantly hearing about how well they are doing verbally and I truly believe that MDO has played a role in that.
June was a fun filled month and a marker of change and new beginnings. The boys and I did lots of swimming, going to the sprinkler park, regular parks, visiting the Children's Museum, and the zoo. There was lots of entertainment at home as well such as painting, gardening, riding trikes, playing on the play set, as well as a great deal of water time (sprinkler, slip n' slide, kiddie pool, and water table). While Daddy visited Disney for work, the boys and I stayed with Mama and Papa Smith for a few days. Ethan and Aaron had the opportunity to ride a train for the first time at a "A Day Out With Thomas." Grandma Kay also came to visit and we made a visit to she and Poppa Rhoades. On June 13th, I rededicated my life to Christ. This day marked a new journey for me with God and in my faith. Marc and I also agreed to approach our marriage in a different way and with positive motivations and intentions. Ethan and Aaron turned two and a half! Although there are moments, hours, and even days that well lets be honest are just hard whether it be arguing, whininess, defiance, etc. They are two and with that said, overall they are very well behaved, polite, and pleasant young men! I would say they are quite a joy to be around.
July has brought more swimming and parks. We also visited Grandma and Poppa Rhoades and Poppy and Grammy Dittmer. It is always fun to see them and the boys love boat rides as well as playing in the sand. Recently we spent the night with Mama and Papa Smith. Waldron began their 4th of July Festival again, but they are now having it the week following the holiday. It was fun for the boys to share in a tradition that I had participated in for years. Ethan and Aaron particularly enjoyed the parade and the fireworks, but I think the biggest hit was the sand box that Papa built for them. Marc and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary as well as hosted our almost annual 4th of July party.
We are having a terrific summer! I couldn't be more pleased with how it is going or more grateful! I told the boys they were living the life today after going to the pool, having a picnic, riding the carousel, playing at the park, napping, and then eating a popsicle and popcorn. We called daddy to tell him thank you for working so hard to enable us to live the life! Isn't that what it is all about...living each day to the fullest and being thankful for it!
After writing this post I could not help but think of this song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-HLxpWGCzc. Feel free to listen as you check out some pictures from our days!
Having issues uploading pics! I will try in another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment