Friday, January 16, 2009

Road to Recovery

We have had a fairly uneventful past few days. We have just been trying to stay in and stay warm. It is currently 8 degrees. Of course we had to go out today, the coldest day of the week. We ventured to the ENT's office. The doctor was terrific. Ethan was the only one on the schedule, but she saw Aaron too and said let's make this easier for mom! E had a right ear infection and A had a double ear infection. Poor boys! E has been suffer with ear infections since the beginning of November. They did a test to see how much fluid is in their ears as well as hearing tests. Each of the boys had to wait with someone from the office while I went with the other for his hearing test. The both sat nicely, played, and waited. They are such sweet little boys!

They are both scheduled to get tubes in their ears on 1/26/09. Once they have tubes they should have less ear infections, less discomfort while laying flat, hear better, and possibly better balance (there don't seem to have any balance issues). If they aren't walking by the time the tubes are put in, I bet they will be soon after! The doctor let me know that both of the boys top four teeth are coming in. Just as Ethan's bottom two popped through first, it looks like his top right ones will as well. I have to say I loved the ENT. She was so helpful. She even pushed the stroller down the hall while I carried the boys things. In addition she did a great job explaining what was going on and couldn't have done a better job interacting with the boys. Neat lady!

Last night after the boys went to bed I had the pleasure of meeting with the women's group and Bible study I am a part of weekly. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and sisters in Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, My close GF's son just had tubes put in his ears today. It was literally a 10 minute procedure and he was back to "normal" within a few hours later. We even had a playdate with them tonight! {{{hugs}}} I hope everything goes well. Y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete