Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mother's Day Out Begins


A& E doing puzzles on their first day of school
E's backpack

A's backpack


We're ready for school!


Mom and E before school!

Mom and A before school

Since I last updated the blog the boys had a great overnight trip to Mamaw and Papaw Smith's. They took them to Toys R Us, Great Granny and Poppy's and did lots of playing. Marc and a friend put in a sprinkler system and I did lots of cleaning.

Last week the boys were still getting over colds. Thursday and Friday Grandma and Grandpa Rhodes visited. The boys had a wonderful time with them going on walks, playing outside, and so on. I was able to start painting some decorative items and furniture.

This past weekend we went to the Columbus Zoo and COSI (Center of Science and Industry) in Columbus, OH. We had a really nice time. The boys' favorite exhibit at the zoo was the manatee exhibit! It included a large tank with fish and two manatee. They stood with their faces to the tank laughing and yelling. They really enjoyed COSI because it was very hands on. We visited the two exhibits more directed to their ages. One was called little kidspace, which was very similar to the Playscape at the Children's Museum. The other was called Ocean. It was like you were under water and had all kinds of neat things to do with real water. The boys got their feet good and wet. On the way home they slept all but 20 or 30 minutes of the drive and so did I!
E on the slide, E & A driving the ambulance, Dr. A, and Daddy, A,
and E playing the laser harp at COSI!

Today the boys started Mother's Day Out. My neighbor Lisa was nice enough to come over and help take a few pictures. Then the teacher's aide snapped a couple of the boys in class. Both did great when I dropped them off. Neither cried at all! It was a bit of a different story when I picked them up this afternoon. Both cried and A had a fit! A was asleep before we had been in the car 2 minutes. E was so thirsty! I got his milk out and he drank it the whole way home! They colored, played outside, and read The Kissing Hand. Ms. Kelley, their teacher, said they didn't cry until they saw the parents coming in to pick kids up. They didn't eat too well at all. Hopefully they will adjust over time. Overall, I would say the first day went pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. The first day is always the worst! We love the book the Kissing Hand! We used it alot this year!

    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a pretty good "first day!" Collin did the same- cried when other moms started coming before me. I always bring him a giant sippy full of milk when I come to pick him up because he is so thirsty! :) They are totally adorable A, and it is so nice to see a pic of you too! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete