Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A New Direction

I haven't posted in a bit. Lately I have been thinking about the blog and what I wanted to do with it. I still want to share updates and stories about the boys, but I want to use it for more than just that. Moving forward you may find a post about whatever happens to be on my mind...spiritual thoughts, home projects, decor ideas, particularly interesting or difficult situations, etc. The blog will stay true to its title, but will more fully express the daily happenings of our whole family!

Friday I dropped the boys off at MDO and they didn't cry or even make a peep. Today marked day two of no crying at drop off or pick up! It was a six week process, one of which they were sick and did not go to school. I am actually quite impressed. They are growing and developing right before our eyes. They are communicating so much more. Putting two to three word sentences together and even having short phone conversations with their grandparents. School (MDO) has been a good transition for all of us. Change is not always easy for me, but like most things it works out well in time. Ethan and Aaron typically don't even make it much further than out of the parking lot before they are asleep in the car. All of the crafts, singing, playing, and interacting wears them out!

Since I last posted I participated in The Weekend to End Breast Cancer and turned 30! Both although not equal in impact, were wonderful experiences for me. Thirty is something I am welcoming with open arms...at least now. I was a little hesitant leading up to the day. Women tell me the 30's are fabulous and I am going to take them out their word. I look forward to feeling even more comfortable in my skin and already feel that transition happening. The walk was amazing, eye opening, and hard. A multitude of things were reiterated and learned that weekend. Some of which included:

-invest in good shoes...it is worth the cost
-purchase quality sweat wicking socks
-use Body Glide...you can't be too generous with your applications
-soak in epsom salts following the big event...a little spearmint, rosemary, etc doesn't hurt either (I have sense learned not to do this if you have any acute pain, instead ice)
-training is necessary and pays off
-push through it...the pain is temporary
-with God I am capable of more than I know
-people are surprising in both good and bad ways
-when in doubt go ahead and use the porta potty
-the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
-women in every size, shape, and color are awesome

We were able to go to the pumpkin patch as a family this past Saturday. My mom and grandparents met us for lunch and then went with us. Marc and I have discovered that the boys love pancakes, particularly Cracker Barrel's pancakes. They ate all of an adult order of three pancakes except for two bites. It was a really chilly day, but we enjoyed a wagon ride and picked out two pumpkins. We had to venture out into a muddy field to find our treasures. All the while Ethan repeated yuck, yuck, yuck. Both boys vollied back and forth from daddy, to mamaw, and sometimes me on the wagon ride. Sunday we went to church and then went to some friend's from churches house to paint pumpkins. The boys did quite a nice job. They have become quite the little artists. I even framed some of their artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment